United Arab Emirates
Who we are
Pure Harvest Smart Farms is a UAE-based, high-tech agriculture start-up. We develop and operate high-tech, climate-controlled farms to grow a variety of crops and sell our products directly into the markets in which we operate. In early-2018 we successfully deployed our first-ever farm in Nahel, Al Ain growing a wide variety of flavourful tomatoes that “Taste Like They Should TM”. Our products are selling-out at major retailers in the UAE and are consumed at an assortment of elite restaurants & hotels. Our brand is associated with incredibly tasty produce and we are quickly building a loyal and vocal customer base. We are now expanding into new crops (strawberries and leafy greens) and into new geographies (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait). Technology, data, and innovation are core to our ethos, and we aim to redefine the Middle Eastern agricultural sector. We are passionate about what we do, and we are believers in the growth potential of the company. Our team is multi-cultural (American, European, African, Middle Eastern, South Asian), and our backgrounds diverse (horticulture, engineering, private equity, management consulting, retail, marketing, etc.). Never a boring day at Pure Harvest.
In recognition of regional vulnerabilities associated with food import dependence, water scarcity and sustainability, Pure Harvest is committed to resource efficiency and to overcoming climate challenges to affordably deliver premium quality fresh produce to the Middle East.
Who you are
We are looking for a dynamic person to help build a great organisation that is driven, motivated, and passionate about the industry and the positive impact the company can deliver in the region and beyond. You should be well versed and experienced in driving, building and steering people to deliver on company objectives. As a candidate we will be looking into how you have demonstrated your capabilities at a reputable organisation and the experience that you can build on within a fast-growing company like Pure Harvest.
Ideally you are a candidate that can be trusted, with a high standard in work ethics, that doesn’t shy away from challenging situations, and the ability to deliver high performance with minimal oversight. As a high trust organisation, we are looking for people that understand requirements fully, take ownership and deliver results at a high standard consistently, and as the person leading that culture, the ability to demonstrate that is essential.
- Controls the flow of goods, services, and information between point of origin through receipt at the manufacturing site, through to customer placement to meet customer or manufacturing requirements.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration, and related functions.
- Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Builds relationships with manufacturing, suppliers, and customers through the resolution of delivery issues.
- Integrates market intelligence from operating entities, distribution, transportation, suppliers, and customers to continuously improve competitive position.
- Support Pure Harvest Delivery In-charge to ensure OTD (On Time Delivery) and customer satisfaction.
- As such, for all projects under your responsibility, you will be responsible to implement the optimal transportation modes and routing strategy to meet OTD and costs, ensuring that processes and procedures run smoothly.
- Monitor your team’s daily performance during projects execution through the appropriate KPI’s and metrics.
- Drive resolution of challenges with Suppliers/Freight Forwarders and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Whenever needed, drive cross-functional discussions to create risk-mitigation strategies.
- Attend regular meetings with internal customers (Head of Operations and Sales teams) and whenever needed external ones.
- Highly ambitious - curious, resilient and a great communicator
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at the highest level
- Must be able to make bold decisions and recommendation and have credibility to consultant with senior leaders
- Ability to understand key business drivers and commercial orientation
- Execution- Deliver on what matters by getting the right things done
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in transport and logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Commerce or equivalent experience in Logistics Industry.
- Ability to supervise a team of 3/4 and handle multiple projects within the UAE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking Skills – Able to handle various assignments in daily coordination with multiple sites locations and deadlines.
- Customer Centricity and result orientation.
- Experience in Project Logistics (preferably Agriculture & Manufacturing)
Please note before applying: our people define our success and we take hiring seriously. Interviewing with Pure Harvest may include video and phone interviews and/or off-site interviews. Though not required, we highly recommend that you submit a cover letter that outlines the key attributes of your candidacy & demonstrates that you understand and are qualified for this unique/ challenging role. Also, we complete both formal and informal reference checks for all hires. Please be prepared to submit references upon request.
Although we are unable to follow-up with each-and-every applicant, we do our absolute best to conduct a systematic hiring process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.